Sponsored Links

This blog is dedicated to serve some study techniques that could be very useful for your studies. It doesn't matter whether your subject is Mathemathic, Science, English or any other major subjects, we will help you find someways to easily memorize, solve equations, lessons, and other study stuffs in other ways. Helping you to find that studying is not boring at all but it is really for fun. After all it is your ticket for a better future for you and your own family as well. God bless!

How to Analyze Series Circuits

CIRCUIT is the arrangement of components in electrical applications requiring the use of current.

Current in Series Circuit is the same amount at the same time in all the series components.
I = I1 = I2 = I3
I = VA  ÷ the total resistances in series. (I = VA / RT)

Resistance in Series Circuit
RT = R1 + R2 + R3+…+ etc.
RT = VA / I

Voltage in Series Circuit
VA = IR1 + IR2 + IR3
VA = V1 + V2 + V3 +… + etc
VA = IRT

Power in Series
PT = P1 + P2 + P3

Let’s have an example.

Solve for R3=?













Solve for R3 =?

Since I = I1 = I2 = I3
Therefore I = 3
RT = VA / I
=27V ÷ 3A
RT=9Ω

RT = R1 + R2 + R3
R3 = RT  – (R1 + R2)
R3 = 9Ω  – (2Ω + 3Ω)
R3 = 9Ω  – 5Ω
R3 = 4Ω - Final Answer

Checking Voltage Drops
V1 = IR1 = 3A x 2Ω = 6V  
V2 = IR2 = 3A x 3Ω = 9V
V3 = IR3 = 3A x 4Ω = 12V
VA = V1 + V2 + V3
VA = 6V + 9V + 12V
VA = 27V

Therefore, to Analyze Series Circuits:

First: When the current (I) for one component is known, use this for I in all components, as the current is the same in all parts of the series circuit.
Second: To calculate I, the total Voltage (VT) can be divided by the total Resistance (RT), or individual voltage drop can be divided by R.
Third: When the individual voltage drops around the circuit are known, these can be added up to equal to VT or VA.

Thank you for reading this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review